2011-2012 Choices For Nine: Gr 8 Evenings Schedule
Choices for Nine Presentation (October)
- Presentation on “Choices for Nine” and Promotion, Transfer, Retention Procedure
- all TDSB schools host evening Information sessions for grade students and parents/guardians
Transition Meetings for Students requiring Special Education Support (December – January)
Transition powerpoint 2011 was shown at the Grade 8 Parents’ Information Night on Oct. 20th. The powerpoint presentation below is similar to the one that Marcy Ellen presented to students and parents alike. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Marcy
Transition Conferences (January)
- January: a letter will be sent home with each student, indicating the recommendations for course selections – Academic, Applied or Locally Developed courses, which will assist you in the completion of course selection sheets. The key is to ensure that your child will be enrolled in the most appropriate program, based on their needs and learning styles. This will greatly increase the opportunity for success in secondary school
- Marcy Ellen, Guidance Counselor will review and sign Course Selection Sheets after discussion with each student
*Optional Attendance Application, Specialized Schools and Programs Applications
- November: Conferences with students who are considering specialized schools such as Etobicoke School of the Arts, Ursula Franklin Academy, Vaughan IB, TOPS, MaCs, Claude Watson, Rosedale Heights and others
- application deadlines some time between December and January
- *Optional Attendance forms must be into the secondary schools NO LATER THAN February 1, 2012. All documentation MUST be proofed and signed by Marcy Ellen, Guidance Counselor, therefore the due date to have optional attendance back to your school is – Monday January 16, 2012
- Secondary Schools Acceptance Letters/Calls by February 14th
*Course Selection Sheets (February – March)
- It is the Guidance Counselor’s responsibility to have the Course Selection Sheets submitted to the high schools no later than February 25th. All documentation MUST be proofed and signed by Marcy Ellen, therefore the due date to have Course Selection Sheets back to your school - Monday February 13, 2012.
* For Optional Attendance, it will be the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure your school(s) of choice receives a completed, and signed optional attendance form by Wednesday February 1, 2012 (a strictly adhered to deadline).
Please note: Private, Catholic and Parochial schools have their own admission policies independent from the Toronto District School Board.
For more information on Transitions and other TDSB matters, please visit our website at www.tdsb.on.ca
For our Street Guide, visit www.tdsb.on.ca/about_us/street_guide/street.asp